Table Of Contents

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

no. 007 [don't stop believin'...]


"Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey

We all do things in life that we don't want to do. That's the sentence I decided to use to start this one off. People have beliefs, and morals. And some people do so much as even stick by them or even follow them. And some decide to sell them up the river, just to make a buck. Unfortunately in our society, money is everything. It's power; it's status; and in some sad cases, it's respect.

Whatever the case is, we all have beliefs, and maybe even morals. But it's not enough to just say that you believe in something, or say that you have morals, you have to really stick by them, and really believe.

We all do things in life that we don't want to do, but we know we have to. And sometimes it might scare us half to death, but in the end if you can stand there and feel happy that you did so, it doesn't matter what others think. Whether it's standing up for what you believe in, apologizing when you really thought you were right, sticking up for a friend, or just plain sticking up for yourself, that takes pride, guts, beliefs, and morals.

As I've said in previous blogs, what doesn't kill you will make you stronger. I'll take today as a learning experience, and never forget what I learned today. Once you give in, and ignore your beliefs and morals, that's when you really and truly have sold your soul. As I began this blog, I put 'apathetic' under current mood. But as I neared the end of this Scrub-esk blog, I decided to change it. So I chose my pride over a paycheck, at least I know where I stand.

You take the bad with the good, and you hope for the best that you can separate the two. I try to not look so much at the negative, and realize that it's not a total loss. And as I watched the sun rise, and read the text message that my best friend sent me, I realized something, there are things more important in life than having a job, or money, etc. I have a family that cares, I have the best friends anyone could ask for, and I'm happy.

People do some crazy things for the "almighty dollar". I think the craziest thing for someone to do is to 'sell' their beliefs and morals. I'm starting to understand the phrase "money is the root of all evil". Money isn't everything, and it sure as hell is no substitute for friends, family, happiness, or self-respect.

Despite all of the crap, and the drama, I leave this one with a sense of pride, and happiness. So again, it's not a total loss. Since I have the rest of the day off I'll be able to watch Scrubs in half an hour, and...I now have Friday and Saturday off...haha! I guess it's back to the drawing board.

chow.mein.lesson.learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment