Table Of Contents

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

no. 026 [my new year...]


"How To Save A Life" by The Fray

As 2007 came to an end, I couldn't help but think about everything that has happened over the past year. From ringing it in by breaking a stupid popper and having Paul McCartney giving Gabe dirty looks, to reaching a milestone, to walking to get my diploma, to returning to Basalite, to hearing stories about drunken nights in Vegas, to the 4th of July, to bad news, to my cruise, to saying goodbye, to starting over at a new school, to saying hello, to realizing a dream, to preparing for something big, to cherry 7/7's all over again. I think I've learned more in this past year than I have my entire life. It has been a crazy year by far. It's hard to believe that it's over. I still remember last new year's eve like it was yesterday. Nasty cherry 7/7's with Isa, Jägerbombs, Gabe getting drunk off his ass and pulling the infamous "ostrich" move, Isa falling asleep on my arm, it's so surreal to think about how fast this year has gone by, and how much has changed. I read all of my blogs from this year. It's amazing how much I've grown as a person. It's nice to go back and read them, and remember what I was going through at that time. There is no real theme to this one. If you were waiting for me to pull everything together in one central theme I'm sorry. This ones just for the sake of remembering. Remembering good times, bad times, friends, family, and the things that made us grow over this last year. I guess what I'm trying to say is that this last year has flown by. That's another year none of us will get back. So just remember everything you've learned, and keep it with you, always.Remember the lessons you've learned, the people you loved, the places you've seen, and most importantly of all, the lives you've touched. For all you know, the way you act, the things you say, the things you do, the little things you don't take into account, could really make a difference in someone's life. At the very least I know a lot of those that have changed mine. That is the biggest lesson I've learned this year. Remembering all of the special people in my life, and to keep them in my heart, forever. So as this chapter of my life ends, another one begins. As cliche' as it sounds, I will never forget this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment