Table Of Contents

Monday, January 28, 2008

no. 028 [her last goodbye...]


"Say Your Last Goodbye" by God Or Julie
All it took was one phone call, and suddenly I was taken back five months. It's been five months since I've been here, and it still doesn't get any easier. I guess that's the thing about death, no matter how much time you have to prepare for it, it never gets any easier. I still felt bad. I knew what everyone was going through, because I had gone through it too, twice.

The thing about death is that people don't want to let go. Death in itself isn't such a horrible thing. If you lived your life for love, then it should be fine. I think people are more afraid of letting go, rather than dying.

It's hard on those of us that stay behind, but I like to think that it's something wonderful for those that leave this world. They get to start a new journey, they get to go to a better place, and they are reunited with those that have left us earlier on.

I don't believe for a second that death is a lonely experience, not at all. I like to think that when you die you are welcomed by open arms of those you love that have already started their new lives.

We are selfish by nature, and I guess that's what makes it harder for us to let go of the ones we love.

As she said her last goodbye to those that would stay, she said her first hello to those that have already gone, and her new life was about to begin...

In Loving Memory...

No comments:

Post a Comment