Table Of Contents

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

no. 029 [something < a feeling...]


"More Than A Feeling" by Boston


Over the past few days my feelings have been all over the place. I've felt confused, scared, infatuated, and alone, to now hopeful. This past month has been one hell of a ride.

I guess the one thing that has remained the constant has been that something, that certain feeling. I don't really know how to explain it. It's not necessarily a 'thing', or 'something', but it's definitely more than a feeling.

Some may call it their conscience, intuition, their gut feeling, ESP, what have you. I don't have a name for it, other than calling it listening to my heart. I don't really know how to explain it, but I do know that it's usually right.

I know I've stated this many times, but still, you can't help how you feel. Sometimes it's good, but sometimes it can come at the worst possible moment. It can give you clarity to an issue that you've been dealing with; advice; or even the answer you've been looking for.
Mine has done more talking in the past month than it has in my entire life. I've learned a lot from it, like how I really feel about someone, what I should or shouldn't do about something, school, work, etc.

I think if people would give it a try, and listen to their intuition, heart, what have you, they'd see things a lot differently. It's that 'something', that 'more than a feeling', that can really open your eyes to what you should do, and what needs to be done. Whether it's living for yourself, and not to impress others; deciding to let her have her fling; keeping him at an arm's distance; trying to clear up some unfinished business among friends; giving him a second chance; or not telling her how you really feel, and deciding to stay 'just friends'.

Sometimes it'll contradict itself, but hopefully we'll be able to distinguish what the best decision is. In this case, I think everyone mentioned above has done exactly what benefits him or her. I guess at the end of the day if you are happy with the choice you made then you'll be fine. At the very least, I know where I stand, and it's a lot better this way, for now at least…

No comments:

Post a Comment