Table Of Contents

Saturday, February 2, 2008

no. 030 [geronimo...]


"Geronimo" by Unwritten Law

I think the hardest part about life is learning to let go. Sometimes we can't let go of an item, an idea, a belief, or even a person. Like I said before, we are selfish by nature. As I prepared to let go, I couldn't stop thinking about the shame of how hard this was going to be for me. I should have been thinking about how hard this was going to be for her, but the more I thought about it, the less worried I became. In letting go, you let that person take a new chance at something that they may need. It's a chance for them to spread their wings and grow. And like that, it was all tied together, perfectly. This whole series was about letting go. I wasn't learning to let go; I was doing it again. This whole time, it had all been about letting go; letting go of a life; letting go of a loved one; letting go of our fear; letting go of a relationship; letting go of our insecurities; letting go of certain freedoms to become a parent; letting go of your pride, and admitting that you have a problem; letting go of denial, and admitting that you have feelings for her; letting go of restraint and standing up for what you believe in; letting go of what you want, for what others need; letting go of the past; letting go of hope, and moving on; letting go of a person so that she can begin her new life; letting go of reason, and just going with the flow; and last but certainly not least, letting go of a friend, so that she can find what she wants, or what she needs in life. So what I thought was something incredibly hard, turned out to be something that I had been experiencing for the last five months. And right then, it wasn't so hard...

chow.mein.lesson.learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment