Table Of Contents

Friday, December 31, 2010

no. 055 [sesame street...]


"Sesame Street Theme" by Joshua Radin

I love having those picture perfect moments where something just hits you out of nowhere and completely knocks you on your ass. For me this knockout blow was brought on by a four year old girl.

The innocence of a child is unmeasurable. They see the world so much differently then the rest of us, and have so much optimism. Sometimes its just nice to be reminded that things aren't always as bad as they seem.

Come and play.
Everything's A-OK


Siting there I found myself completely dumbfounded, as a little girl about two feet tall smiled at me, hugging a purple unicorn pillow pet. I'm not sure she understood the impact of her words, but she did know that it made sense.

A little girl, uttering the words "love is all that matters." How can a human being so young begin to comprehend what love is? As I stood there wondering she held her unicorn in one hand and hugged me, smiling, giggling, and then running off.

Sunny days sweeping the clouds away.
On my way to where the air is sweet.


I thought about what she said the entire 45 minutes of the drive home, and even longer after that. It's a little sad that it took a four year old to knock me on my ass and realize this. Things are so much more simplistic as a child, because they have hope. It's not that they don't know any better, it's that they haven't been exposed to all this negativity out there.

Her words could not have come at a better time. And her words still ring true. When it all comes down to it all that really matters is love. It's not money, it's not material goods, it's not what people think of you; it's about what the people you love think of you, it's about who you love, how you love, how much you love, who loves you, and ultimately everything comes down to love.

And there it was. The answer I had been searching for, delivered to me by a child in a picture perfect moment.

1 comment: