Table Of Contents

Friday, December 31, 2010

no. 056 [letters from the sky...]


"Letters From The Sky" by Civil Twilight

Why is it so much easier just to put the words out there, to hide behind this facade, to send this message out into the open for the whole world to see, but not to direct it legitimately at who it's intended for? Words written down, leaked out of our hearts, drops of emotion seeping through a contained world that will bust any day now. Were we always meant for this? Was this our path from the beginning?

Endless words written down, saying everything, yet saying nothing. Letters from the sky are what they are. Labeled "to" in invisible ink, with a return address conveniently missing. Yet I know who it's for, and who it's from, for I too write letters to the sky. But my heart is growing weary now, and the invisible ink is running dry. Do I pen my words in black, or bring them to life in vivid color? Am I brave enough to step from this canvas and speak the words I've been dying to say?

One of these days letters will fall from the sky, but none will be written by this ghost writer. So don't look up anticipating to catch an unlabeled envelope from me, for I have bigger plans, plans that will be revealed in time.

As for now I will write my final letters to the sky in anticipation that you will read them and be able to decipher the meanings in the code. Tonight I pen my lat prequel, in hopes that I'll be finally ready to speak the words long written down, without reading, or reciting, but from the heart, and let those emotions flow freely, as they once did before. Just once more, another attempt, another embrace. In eachother's arms is where we belong. And I have to try. These are my final words, the last letters to the sky, a prequel to my...

1 comment:

  1. A PREQUEL TO YOUR WHAT?!
    no fair :(

    ps: I liked this one, but it was a little short for the song

    ReplyDelete